Clark G. Warden, MD, JD, FACS is a native New Orleanian who joined the Chehardy Sherman Williams firm in 2016 in order to provide invaluable insight and guidance to the firm’s clients in the medical field. As a practicing surgeon for over 27 years, he has had extensive experience in various aspects of the healthcare delivery system and the resultant legal implications. He has had personal experience in most aspects of healthcare law including employment, insurance, medical staff and malpractice issues. He also has experience in building and managing medical offices, ambulatory surgical centers and surgical specialty hospitals. This broad experience in multiple aspects of healthcare law, in addition to continuing to practice as a surgeon, gives him a unique perspective on the legal challenges that healthcare professionals face on a daily basis.
Dr. Warden received his B.S. in Engineering with Honors in Biomedical Engineering from the Tulane University School of Engineering and his medical degree from Tulane University School of Medicine. He completed a surgical residency at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1989 and is board certified in General Surgery and Surgical Critical Care and is a Fellow of The American College of Surgeons.
Dr. Warden currently practices surgery with the Surgical Specialists of Louisiana, whom he joined in 2003 after he spent 14 years in South Mississippi building the leading general surgery practice in the region. He currently specializes in laparoscopic bariatric surgery. Dr. Warden is a Clinical Instructor in the Department of Surgery at Tulane Medical School and additionally, he is a national proctor who teaches and credentials other bariatric surgeons.
Dr. Warden has served in many medical leadership positions on the local, state, and national level including Medical Director of Southern Surgical Hospital, Chairman of the Department of Surgery and Chief of Staff of Singing River Hospital, the American College of Surgeons Cancer Liaison Physician for the state of Mississippi, President of the Mississippi State Medical Association Young Physicians Section and delegate to the AMA Young Physicians Section. He also served as the Chairman of the Jackson County Chamber of Commerce.
As an experienced surgeon, Dr. Warden has also been recognized by his peers and in multiple publications for excellence in surgery, including Best Doctors in America, Guide to America’s Top Surgeons and New Orleans Magazine Top Doctors in Surgery. In 2017, Dr. Warden was admitted as a Fellow of the American College of Legal Medicine.
1 Galleria Blvd
Metairie, LA 70001
- Tulane University, School of Engineering – B.S. in Engineering with Honors in Biomedical
- Tulane University, School of Medicine – M.D.
- Loyola University College of Law – J.D.
- North Carolina Memorial Hospital; Chapel Hill, NC – Residency in General Surgery
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- Medical Board of Louisiana
- Medical Board of Mississippi
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- New Orleans Bar Association
- American Health Law Association
- American College of Legal Medicine
- American College of Surgeons
- Louisiana State Medical Society
- American Medical Association
- American Society for Metabolic & Bariatric Surgery