We develop and provide tax advice that workS for you.
Our tax planning attorneys assist businesses and individuals in maximizing tax efficiency and in addressing tax controversies as advocates for you.
A tax planning attorney’s role is to help businesses and individuals maximize tax efficiency. Our experienced tax planning attorneys help you comply with tax laws and maximize after-tax results. They achieve this by thoroughly reviewing your estate, your assets, or the structure and operation of your business and present the adjustments needed to lower your overall tax liability.
Chehardy Sherman Williams’ tax planning attorneys can assist New Orleans area businesses with:
- Business succession plans
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Generational transition of ownership
- Entity selection (LLC, S corporation, partnerships)
- Operating agreement terms
- Sale or purchase of a business
- Structuring salaries and benefits
- Dissolving business entities
- Business succession (estate taxes)
- 1031 exchanges
- Expensing & depreciation
- Commercial real estate transactions
- Deferred compensation
- Business tax credits
Our tax planning attorneys can assist individuals with the following services:
- Eligible tax credits
- Family and charitable giving
- Allowable expenses and deductions
- Estate planning
- Wealth preservation
If you are facing an IRS audit or examination, our team can assist you with preparations. Our experience with both tax law and procedures enables us to represent your interests before the state taxing authorities and Internal Revenue Service.
We are experienced in assisting individuals and businesses with the following tax services:
- Handling an IRS audit
- Countering IRS and state liens and levies
- Filing protests to the IRS and the state
- Undertaking litigation in Tax Court
- Negotiating a litigation settlement
- Bringing a case to the Court of Appeals