Jennifer Lee’s primary areas of practice at Chehardy Sherman Williams are business law, employment law, and estate planning and successions. Ms. Lee assists businesses with general corporate, employment, human resources, contract, intellectual property (trademark registration), and related company matters. She represents employers responding to employment discrimination charges, including before the EEOC, and acts as virtual in-house counsel to several companies. Ms. Lee also helps individuals with life and estate planning and successions. Her focus for all clients is to prevent, rather than react to, legal issues.
Ms. Lee represents clients ranging from non-profit organizations to small businesses to larger regional and national companies. These represent various industries such as environmental, engineering, construction, landscaping, drone, retail, real estate, marketing, photography, technology, education, and distribution companies. On the non-commercial side, Ms. Lee works closely with individuals on life planning matters such as wills, living wills, trusts, estate planning, and successions.
Before joining Chehardy Sherman Williams, Ms. Lee served for 12 years as in-house counsel at Neill Corporation, a national company based in Hammond, before joining a Northshore business law firm. The Neill Corporation and its affiliates focus on product distribution, furniture and fixture manufacture, service and retail sales, technical education, computer software, real estate, and non-profit activities. In her role as General Counsel, Ms. Lee provided counsel in a variety of areas such as human resources, intellectual property, contracts, corporate governance, project finance, tax incentives, real estate and construction, acquisitions and business start-ups, litigation management, international expansion, and non-profit organization.
Ms. Lee received her Bachelor of Arts from Southeastern Louisiana University and a Juris Doctorate from Louisiana State University’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center. She also earned a Master of Business Administration from Louisiana State University’s E.J. Ourso College of Business.
111 N. Oak Street
Hammond, LA 70401
- Southeastern Louisiana University – B.A., Business Education
- Louisiana State University’s Paul M. Hebert Law Center – J.D., 2001
- Louisiana State University’s E.J. Ourso College of Business – M.B.A., 2008
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- 21st Judicial District Bar Association, Former President
- Florida Parishes Inn of Court, Former Vice President
- Northshore Estate Planning Council
- BNI International