Conrad Meyer is a board-certified health law specialist and one of a handful of board-certified health law specialists in the State of Louisiana. He focuses his practice on advising health care providers on health care regulatory compliance matters as well as professional liability/licensure issues. Mr. Meyer has been listed as a Louisiana Super Lawyer for excellence in his field and recognized as a Band 1 healthcare lawyer by USA Chambers for his accomplishments in healthcare law.
Mr. Meyer is responsible for handling specific regulatory/compliance/transactional matters for physician and facility clients including, Stark/Anti-kickback analysis, TJC/JCAHO, HIPAA, EMTALA, physician employment agreements, physician practice formation, hospital/physician integration and bylaw revisions, physician reimbursement issues, telemedicine for physicians, physician ancillary services and creation/formation of concierge practices for physicians. In addition, he has handled issues relating to RACs, ZPICs and Federal Fraud and Abuse investigations for health care clients.
Mr. Meyer has experience in handling peer review issues for hospitals and physicians as well as acting as a hearing officer for peer review panels. He has worked with clients in the healthcare industry to structure joint ventures and other transactions to promote business objectives that are in compliance with specific healthcare laws. Mr. Meyer also serves as an adjunct professor at Loyola University School of Law in New Orleans and the University of New Orleans Masters Level Health Administration Program where he teaches Health Law on an annual basis. His class focuses on Healthcare Regulatory, Compliance, Governance, Strategic Planning as well as the Healthcare Delivery Systems.
Mr. Meyer received his undergraduate degree from the University of Mississippi in Oxford and his Juris Doctorate from Loyola University School of Law in New Orleans. In addition, Mr. Meyer received a Master of Health Administration from Tulane University’s School of Public Health. Before entering the legal profession, Mr. Meyer was an administrator for a private hospital in Louisiana. He is a frequent author and lecturer on legal issues involving healthcare regulatory/compliance and litigation issues.
1 Galleria Blvd
Metairie, LA 70001
- Louisiana State Bar Association – Board Certified Healthcare Law 2020 – Present
- Martindale Hubble – AV Preeminent Rated Attorney Since 2012
- USA Chambers – Healthcare Louisiana – Band 1 Ranked 2016 – Present
- Adjunct Professor of Health Law – Loyola School of Law New Orleans, La – Spring 2014 – Present
- Adjunct Professor of Health Law – University of New Orleans Master’s in Health Care Administration Program – Spring 2020 – Present
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Federal Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- American College of Healthcare Executives
- American Health Law Association
- Louisiana Hospital Association
- Louisiana Medical Group Managers Association/MGMA