Meredith E. Chehardy handles civil and business litigation for Chehardy Sherman Williams and healthcare, personal injury, and corporate law. She was listed among New Orleans CityBusiness “Ones to Watch” in 2018, and in 2020, she was selected as a Top Lawyer in Corporate Law. Before joining Chehardy Sherman Williams in April 2018, Meredith served as a Law Clerk/Research Attorney with the Louisiana Supreme Court.
Ms. Chehardy graduated from Southern Methodist University in Dallas, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts in Psychology with a minor in Sport Management. She received her Juris Doctorate in Civil Law from Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, where she also served as a research assistant. During law school, she was an extern for Federal Magistrate Judge Daniel E. Knowles, III; she served as a Rule XX clinic student and was a law clerk in the Jefferson Parish District Attorney’s Office. Ms. Chehardy also spent summers throughout high school and college as a law clerk at Chehardy Sherman Williams.
Outside of her law practice, Ms. Chehardy volunteers with the New Orleans Chapter of Susan G. Komen and is on the Board of Directors for the Krewe of Argus. She is a board member for the Greater New Orleans Sports Foundation, a volunteer for the non-profit organization What You Give Will Grow, and the vice president of the Southern Methodist University New Orleans Alumni Club.
1 Galleria Blvd
Metairie, LA 70001
- Southern Methodist University, B.A.
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D.
- Louisiana State University Shreveport, M.B.A.
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Jefferson Parish Bar Association