Daniel E. Buras is an attorney specializing in business and litigation matters at Chehardy Sherman Williams, where he serves clients throughout Louisiana. His legal practice concentrates on representing clients in jury trials, alternative dispute resolution, attorney chairman services, sensitive matters requiring a security clearance, and hurricane claims against insurance companies. Mr. Buras is widely recognized for his legal expertise and has been honored as a Top Lawyer by New Orleans Magazine.
With a law clerk background at the United States Court of Appeal for the Eleventh Circuit, Mr. Buras went on to build his own law firm and served as an intelligence officer with the US Navy. He served on active duty with US Central Command and the Joint Special Operations Command. Today, he serves as the Commanding Officer for CNMOC NAVO Intel, where he leads a Navy Reserve Information Warfare unit in providing oceanographic, environmental, and imagery intelligence analysis for naval and special operations forces.
Mr. Buras is an alumnus of Louisiana State University, where he earned his undergraduate degree, and Samford University, where he graduated magna cum laude and participated in the National Moot Court Team, Law Review articles, and the Cumberland Trial Team. He and his wife, Kelley, have been happily married for three decades and raised four children.
One Canal Place
365 Canal Place
New Orleans, LA 70130
- Louisiana State University, 1993
- Samford University – J.D., magna cum laude, 1999
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Southern District of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- 22nd JDC Bar Association