Mr. Bellina advises clients on state and federal fraud and abuse regulations, such as the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, False Claims Act, Civil Monetary Penalties Law, and Qui Tam (“Whistleblower”) defenses.
Mr. Bellina provides advice on matters relating to Medicare and Medicaid enrollment, certification, reimbursement, audits and appeals, changes of ownership (“CHOW”), changes of information (“CHOI”), HIPAA regulations, and other credentialing issues. He has worked with numerous clients on tax-exempt applications, federally qualified health center recognition, and complex mergers and acquisitions of practices, surgery centers, imaging centers, pharmacies, and hospitals.
Mr. Bellina also assists clients with entity formation, joint ventures, dissolutions, liquidations, and matters pertaining to the review and negotiation of their employment agreements, non-compete issues, payor contracts, employment, labor, and patient policy issues, campus safety, patient safety, and security.
Additionally, Mr. Bellina has represented clients before the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners, Louisiana State Board of Nursing, Louisiana State Board of Optometry Examiners, and the Louisiana Board of Tax Appeals. Mr. Bellina is also the Co-Host of Chehardy Sherman Williams’ podcast, “Health Law Talk”.
1 Galleria Blvd
Metairie, LA 70001
- Louisiana State University
- Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, J.D.
- United States Tax Court
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- American Bar Association, Health Law Section
- Louisiana State Bar Association, Health Law Section
- American Health Law Association