Walter Woodruff has practiced law in the Greater New Orleans area with a focus on litigation and appellate advocacy since 1997. He has handled and argued numerous state and federal appeals. Mr. Woodruff has particularly extensive experience before the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit, having advocated a variety of cases involving wide-ranging and complex legal issues. Since 2007, he has served as the editor of the Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit’s Daily Commentary, and thus has an intimate knowledge of that court’s jurisprudence. He has participated in the Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit’s speaker program addressing an array of topics related to appellate practice before the Fifth Circuit. Mr. Woodruff maintains an active state and federal appellate practice including cases involving commercial litigation, federal statutory issues, administrative law, constitutional law, criminal law, insurance law, and jurisdictional issues.
Mr. Woodruff received a Bachelor of Arts from the University of New Orleans and earned a Juris Doctorate from Loyola University of New Orleans College of Law. He is a member of the Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit, the American Bar Association, the Louisiana State Bar Association, the St. Bernard Bar Association, and the St. Tammany Bar Association.
As a native and lifelong resident of New Orleans and a member of the Knights of Columbus, Mr. Woodruff has devoted his free time to volunteer and serve in a variety of leadership roles in charitable fundraising in the community.
1 Galleria Blvd
Metairie, LA 70001
- University of New Orleans, B.A.
- Loyola University of New Orleans College of Law, J.D.
- United States Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- Bar Association of the Fifth Federal Circuit
- St. Bernard Bar Association
- St. Tammany Bar Association