John Garrison Jordan is a partner at Chehardy Sherman Williams. He specializes in criminal defense litigation in state and federal courts, family/domestic litigation, and personal injury litigation.
Before joining the team at Chehardy Sherman Williams, Mr. Jordan was in private practice for himself litigating criminal defense cases. Mr. Jordan was also a partner at Macaluso & Jordan in Hammond, Louisiana and an associate attorney litigating for State Farm Insurance Company. He also served as a senior trial attorney in the felony division of the Orleans Parish District Attorney’s office.
Mr. Jordan has represented out of state clients regarding federal criminal charges and has been admitted Pro Hac Vice to the United States District Courts in Delaware, Kentucky, Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee and New Jersey.
Mr. Jordan was previously certified as Lead Trial Counsel in capital cases by the Louisiana Public Defender Board. He is a current member of the Louisiana Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, the National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, and former board member for the 21st Judicial District. He is also a member of the Criminal Justice Act Panel in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana, the 21st Judicial District Court Bar Association and the Federal Bar Association, Eastern District of Louisiana.
111 N. Oak Street
Hammond, LA 70401
One Galleria Blvd.
Metairie, LA 70001v
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, B.A., 1985
- Tulane Law School – J.D., 1990
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Middle District of Louisiana
- United States District Court, Western District of Louisiana
- Pro Hac Vice to the United States District Courts in Delaware, Kentucky, Texas, Arkansas, Tennessee, and New Jersey
- American Bar Association
- Louisiana State Bar Association
- National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Louisiana Criminal Defense Lawyers Association
- Criminal Justice Act Panel – United States District Court, Eastern District of Louisiana